Recipe & photo courtesy of Chef Eric Teo
1 duck breast meat, remove skin
2 tbsp premium dark soya sauce
4 tbsp soya bean oil
50g turnip, peel and cut into 3cm long thin sticks
10g carrot, peel and cut into 3cm long thin sticks
5g dried shrimp, soak and chop
50ml chicken stock
1 egg white
5 tbsp cornflour
3 pcs dried beancurd skin (15cm x 15cm)
20g beansprouts, blanched
4g coriander leaves, chopped
Some mayonnaise for dipping
- Marinade duck breast with dark soya sauce for 20 mins.
- Preheat oven at 150C. Bake duck breast for about 18mins. Leave to cool and slice thinly.
- Heat up 1 tbsp soya bean oil in a pan, stir-fry turnip, carrot and dried shrimp. Add chicken stock and braise for 10 mins. Drain braised turnip and carrot and set aside.
- Mix egg white and cornflour evenly to form sticky starch.
- Lay the beancurd skin on a plate. Add turnip, carrot and beansprouts.
- Add 3 pieces sliced duck breast, sprinkle with some chopped coriander. Roll with sides folded in or in any desired shape. Secure the side with sticky starch.
- Pan fry in soya bean oil for about 1–2 mins over medium high heat till golden brown. Drain off excess oil.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with mayonnaise.
Nutrient Analysis Per Serving: Energy 225kcal, Total Fat 18.5g, Sat Fat 4g, Cholesterol 53mg, Carbohydrate 2g, Protein 14g, Fibre 0.5g, Sodium 403mg