Recipe & photo courtesy of Chef Eric Low
|U.S. Turkey Bacon, diced
|U.S. Turkey or U.S. Chicken Leg Meat, diced
|Fresh mushrooms, diced
|Whipping or cooking cream
|Chicken stock seasoning power
|Fresh thyme, chopped
|Corn starch solution for thickening (optional)
|Butter for brushing
|Salt and pepper
|Mozzarella cheese, grated
|Black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Melt butter in sauté pan, cook onions and leeks till fragrant. Add turkey bacon and cook briefly before stirring in the turkey meat and mushrooms.
- Pour cream into the turkey mixture and season with chicken stock powder. Add fresh thyme and thicken the mixture with corn starch, if it is too watery.
- Place one sheet of filo pastry on the work top. Brush with butter and season with salt and pepper. Place a second layer of filo pastry over the first one. Repeat the process until five sheets of pastry are done. Do the same for the remaining five sheets of filo pastry.
- Place the prepared filling on the centre of the filo pastry. Add the mozzarella cheese. Fold the sides inwards and roll up. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake filo pastry for 25 minutes until golden brown. Allow the pastry to cool slightly before slicing to serve.